Ismael Cordero is a Biomedical/Clinical Engineering professional with over 25 years of international experience planning, managing, maintaining, improving, and developing healthcare technology.
• Planning and managing medical equipment during its entire life cycle
• Evaluating, recommending, and procuring medical equipment for medical facility upgrade projects
• Designing and implementing training programs on the use, maintenance, and management of medical equipment
• Developing written and audiovisual training and instructional materials on the use and maintenance of medical devices
• Developing systems, policies, procedures, manuals, and guidelines for managing healthcare technology
• Performing assessments and evaluations of a healthcare institution’s technology and their ability to support it
• Troubleshooting and solving healthcare technology related malfunctions
• Maintaining, calibrating and repairing sophisticated medical devices including life support equipment such as anesthesia machines and intensive care ventilators
• Building prototypes for new medical device components and performing bench and field testing of new medical devices
• Providing expert guidance to international healthcare organizations such as the World Health Organization, ORBIS International, and The International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness
• Past President Elect of the Board of the (ACCE).Past member of ACCE International Committee.
• Co-Editor of ACCE newsletter (2008-2011, July 2019 to Present)
• Member of the Association for the (AAMI)
• Past Member of the Board of the Clinical Engineering Division of the (IFMBE)
• Past Member of Technical Advisory Group on Health Technologies (TAGHT) for the World Health Organization (WHO)
• 2014 .